The following email has been received today – Monday 5th August 2019 – from the Festival organisers:
Dear Brecon Jazz supporters –
Welcome to Brecon – map and town carparking link below: but please also note town centre roads closed: High Streets areas/Bulwark/upper Lion Street
Car Parking in Brecon Info HERE
IF YOU HAVE TICKETS, READ ON. IF YOU DON’T, SEE BELOW…
Friday Festival Big Band concert (Fri 9 August – SOLD OUT): Ticketholders, please reply to advise choices for the hot plate meal. It will be served in the Castle Hotel Ballroom adjacent dining area from 7.15pm onwards. RSVP to BRECON JAZZ FESTIVAL <email@example.com> to advise option per person, and also tell us any allergies, exclusions, or also access difficulties.
- Chicken Curry (is Gluten Free)
- Beef Bourguignon (is Gluten Free…dish probably contains alcohol)
- Vegetable Moussaka (is Vegetarian, contains dairy)
- Vegetable Curry (is Vegan and non diary)
All served with potato, rice, salad & bread – no need to advise on these unless having a special allergy to one etc.
CONCERTS SEATING: Weekend Pass-holders you need to be in your seat in good time please: team will sell tickets to any unoccupied seats shortly before the performance begins. Others can join wait lists via Bobbins, see below.
NO TICKETS? join a waiting list – some will get seats. Also, look online, we have a few tickets left – Check Sunday HERE.
Come anyway, lots to do and hear, such as:
- Plenty of jazz in the cafes, streets and bars: see HERE.
- Brecon Jazz photo exhibitions at The Muse and The Theatr (top floor) and in town – free, open access. Open all weekend & all of August
- Saturday afternoon 3.15pm St Marys Swing Dance Class Introduction with Ann & Graeme of acclaimed teachers “Hoppin Mad”. FREE just go along
- Sunday all day 11.30am-3.30pm Guildhall Drop-In Jazz Art with Welsh artist Karin Mear. Listen to classic sounds on vinyl and get inspired. FREE, pop in.
You can buy BJ Posters, ‘vintage’ collage posters, BJ Books, branded water holders, and T shirts. Also last minute tickets. All at Bobbins in the High Street, Tel. 01874 622287 (Jenny Smart) or can order: firstname.lastname@example.org
All visitors: the Guildhall ‘FESTIVAL OFFICE’ is your contact and info point – Weekend Ticketholders please get your badges here (if rushed, venue teams will have lists). NB unoccupied seats will be sold 5-10 mins before the performance begins.
This is our final mailing before the weekend Brecon Jazz Festival Weekend 2019. Download programme now available – HERE.
LIANE CARROLL SOLO (‘vocals, keys, stories, and much more’) leads a charitable ‘SIDE BY SIDE’ fundraiser concert in aid of HUMANITARIAN AID TO REFUGEES: Friday 9th August, 6.00-7.15pm at St Marys Stage. Tickets £15. Not to be missed! TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FRIDAY HERE