Workshops programme is now available at https://breconjazz.org/tickets/
Message from the organisers who will be emailing “Weekenders” about their choices:
“Please note that Friday afternoon has 3 items (2 workshops and one small performance) – these are for FOBJ members’ first choice – a choice of one of these on Friday is already included in the FoBJ weekender ticket. These sessions and all workshops have a ticket price, as shown.”
Friends who have bought Weekender tickets will be contacted this week by the organisers to advise their meal choice and small venue options for the Friday. Weekend tickets cover everything except the charity concert (Ian Shaw) which is a fundraiser (tickets £14), the late eve Market Hall (£5 entry for jazzers) on Saturday, or the workshops. Apart from these, Weekenders are entitled to attend all the Jazz concert events from Friday to Sunday over the weekend, provided they arrive in enough time at the smaller venues with limited capacity. Please note that because some concerts in which Weekenders have places are now SOLD OUT, to help the organisers, please let them know if there are any events YOU WILL NOT BE ATTENDING so they can make those places available to others. Contact email@example.com. Many thanks
We are pleased to inform you that the Sunday morning Jazz Service is back and will take place at Brecon Cathedral at 10.30am Sunday, 12 August.
7.30pm, Thurs 9 August : ‘Rhys Taylor’s Dixie Band’ Quintet, featuring Rhys Taylor on Clarinet and Sax at Theatr Brycheiniog, Brecon, in association with Brecon Jazz Club.
Tickets £10, or £20 with curry supper and drink from 5.30pm at theatre’s Waterfront Cafe by the canal. Food must be booked in advance. Telephone 01874 611622 or visit theatre website: www.brycheiniog.co.uk. A great way to start the jazz weekend !
An exciting programme of concerts and workshops, with timings and locations, is now available at http://www.breconjazz.org.
Early booking is recommended. In particular Ian Shaw and Big Band on Friday night and Saturday’s “Sounds of Cuba” and South African Jazz Sextet.
Ticket information at http://www.breconjazz.org
“A limited number of Weekend Ticket Passes @ £135 each are now available and cover the whole weekend – from afternoon on Friday to Sunday evening inclusive. If you want the whole package, click the booking link on the Festival website, http://www.breconjazz.org
The Jazz Weekend begins on Friday afternoon –
FRIDAY – 10th August
- Friday afternoon sees several smaller jazz events at central venues
- Friday evening is the FESTIVAL BIG BAND (16 piece) Vocals, Dancing, Meal at the Castle Hotel. Full evening with guest band leader and musical Director Gareth Roberts, outstanding soloists & players, in two sets. An evening Castle Hotel meal – one hot plate dish – is included in the ticket, with veggie/vegan & gluten-free options. We will make contact nearer the time to check. It is possible to opt out of the meal by special request when booking.
For Friday Big Band only BOOK through http://www.breconjazz.org.
Friday will also include a separately priced and ticketed CHARITY CONCERT event featuring well-known solo jazz musician and fundraiser event in support of Refugee Charity ‘Side by Side’. Details to be released very soon.
SATURDAY – 11th August
5 concerts from 2pm to 10pm –
- MANCHESTER JAZZ CONNECTION featuring Artephis, Untold Orchestra players & more
- TOM SMITH (horn) SEPTET feat. Alex Hitchcock, Alistair Martin, Olli Martin, Will Barry
- New Concert to be announced shortly
- MAITE HONTELE’S ‘SOUNDS OF CUBA’ with Eliane Correa and 5 piece Cuban ensemble
- SOUTH AFRICAN JAZZ RHYTHMS with Byron Waller, Josephine Davies, Adam Glasser, plus
- Rob Luft, Daisy George, Corrie Dick, incl. tribute to Hugh Masekela
All above are full, 75-minute curated concerts of leading names and starring lineups.
There will also be late evening music, as well as daytime & street entertainment.
SUNDAY – 12th August
6 concerts from 12 noon to 10pm
- ELAINE DELMAR QUINTET with Barry Green, Jim Mullen, Simon Thorpe, Bobby Worth
- JOSEPHINE DAVIES (tenor sax) ‘SATORI’ Trio, with Dave Whitford and James Maddren
- JIM HART’s (vibes) ‘CLOUDMAKERS TRIO’ with Michael Janisch, Dave Smith
- COOL & SWINGING JAZZ ENSEMBLE with Jarda Stanstny, Rod Paton and Friends.
- TWO more concerts to be announced.
All above are full, 75-minute curated concerts of leading talents and names.
All Pre-Launch Tickets are now on sale at http://www.breconjazz.org
As well as the ‘ALL WEEKEND PASS’ there is also a ‘50% Discount’ Card covering any THREE events over Saturday or Sunday. The Discount card costs £25 per adult or £10 child/young person – these need to be purchased first then a 50% discount is applied to any THREE of your concert choices for Sat-Sun. Choices cover all our big headline shows on Saturday & Sunday (excludes Friday). Remember to buy the card first.
The Festival ‘ALL WEEKEND’ PASS (Fri-Sun) and the DISCOUNT 50% (Sat-Sun) Card are available now via our online box office at http://www.breconjazz.org
Friday’s Big Band concert, directed by Gareth Roberts, features a full evening’s programme with interval, a hot meal, plus jive/swing dancing included in the £135 Weekend ticket. Tickets for the Big Band on Friday can also be purchased individually @ £35 per person, and ordered alongside other concert bookings. The Discount 50% Sat/Sun card can be ordered here – AND REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO BOOKING FEES OR ADD ONS – the price you see is the price you pay.
VENUES: Castle Hotel / Guildhall / St Marys Church / Wellington Hotel / Muse Arts /
LINEUPS: The BJF2018 jazz programme includes 12 ticketed concerts, and there will be workshops too, with more than 20 further Jazz Fringe and other free events during the weekend. All ‘Weekend’ concerts take place in our five central venues and none clash.
You don’t need to be a ‘jazz buff’ or a musician…something for every taste can be found at Brecon Jazz this year! More great lineups to be announced (& will be included in the WEEKEND, DAY TICKETS & DISCOUNT OPTIONS).
The pre-launch programme at breconjazz.org gives individual shows and prices, with more details to come. We don’t think you will be disappointed with our full programme and accessible pricing when announced – therefore we are making a special offer of £135 for the whole weekend.
TICKETS ALSO AVAILABLE FROM ‘BOBBINS’ (Brecon Town Centre) 6 Bulwark, LD3 7LB, PH. 01874 622287.”